What type of bike is best for road cycling?
What Equipment do I Need for Cycling?
If you are considering taking up cycling, there are certain essential pieces of equipment you will need to get started. Depending on what type of cycling you plan to do, this equipment may vary.
Equipment for Road Cycling
For cycling on the open road, you will need the following:
- Road Bike: This type of bicycle is designed specifically for riding on roads and pavements.
- Cycling Shoes : Special shoes designed specifically for cycling are a must-have for any road cyclist. These will provide extra support and comfort when pedaling.
- Helmet: An approved cycling helmet must be worn when riding on the road.
Equipment for Mountain Biking
For cycling off-road, such as on trails or in the mountains, the following items will be required:
- Mountain Bike: Bikes designed for mountainous terrain will have features such as front and/or full suspension, as well as a more robust construction.
- Cycling Shoes : As with road cycling, specialized shoes are needed for mountain biking. These should have a more grippy sole for better grip when off the bike.
- Helmet: As with road cycling, an approved cycling helmet must be worn when mountain biking.
- Gloves: Bicycle gloves will provide extra comfort and cushioning, as well as additional grip on the handlebars.
- Protective Eyewear: To keep dirt and debris out of your eyes, protective eyewear is essential when mountain biking.
In conclusion, the answer to the question of what equipment you need for cycling depends on the type of cycling you plan to do. For road cycling, you will need a road bike, cycling shoes and a helmet, while for mountain biking, you will need a mountain bike, cycling shoes, helmet, gloves and protective eyewear.