What expectation setting should be done ahead of time to ensure an enjoyable Airbnb experience?
How to Create The Perfect Airbnb Experience for Your Guests
The key to becoming a successful Airbnb host is providing the perfect experience for your guests. This involves more than just a place to stay. It’s providing an enjoyable and memorable experience that guests won’t forget.
The process starts before guests even arrive. You need to ensure that the accommodation space is prepped correctly. That includes:
- Cleaning: Thoroughly clean the accommodation space, paying particular attention to the kitchen and bathrooms. Put fresh sheets on the bed and towels in the bathrooms.
- Spruce it Up: Put out some fresh flowers in the main living area. Make sure any artwork or decorations you put out are tasteful and won’t offend anyone.
- Personalize it: Put together a welcome package with personal touches. It could have a welcome letter and list of things to do in the area, a couple of snacks and some local trinkets.
It’s important to communicate with your guests before and during their stay. This can be done through chat, phone and email, whatever the guests prefer. The first point of contact should be shortly after they book to welcome them to your accommodation and let them know that you are willing to answer any questions they have.
During their stay, check in with your guests regularly and make sure everything is going smoothly. If there’s anything they need or something you can do to improve their stay, you can address it promptly.
Finally, after they leave, reach out to invite them for a review or to see how their stay was.
Make sure you are well stocked with the essential amenities guests need. This includes:
- Toiletries: Provide essentials such as toilet paper, handsoap, shampoo and conditioner, and a hairdryer
- Appliances: Have an iron, ironing board, washing machine and vacuum cleaner on hand
- Kitchenware: Stock the kitchen with plates, cups, and utensils. Bonus points if you include spices and condiments
- Entertainment: Provide books and DVDs. You can also provide board games and magazines for guests to enjoy
Make Yourself Available
The more available you can be to your guests, the better experience they will have. That means being available in person or at least by phone, email or chat during their stay.
If possible, meet guests in person, share information about the local area and answer any questions they have. That personal touch can make all the difference.
Following these tips will help you create a memorable Airbnb experience. Guests will be impressed with your hospitality and will be more likely to leave excellent reviews and recommend you to their friends.